Tuesday, September 18, 2018

MiniFigs 15mm Hussite Peasants

More Hussites for the movement, but they are likely to wind up being a sword fodder or an annoying speedbump for some Men at Arms. The minis are mostly Peasants with Polearms from the MiniFigs Hussite range. There are few odd additions for character, from the priest and clergyman with standard to the armed boy and what I think are a couple of armed peasants from the MiniFigs Agincourt range.

Spurred on by zeal and a desire for reform but likely to
find martyrdom rather than victory.

There are a couple of minor conversions in this batch, a
hood on one peasant and the boy's club.

Once again I did try to have a theme in the colors but lots
of neutral shades to reinforce their peasant status.

The priest in the back is meant to
be the instigator of my local
Hussite forces, Petrus of Kozawald.

I probably have enough armed peasants and odd figures to make another unit to represent Serfs in Lion Rampant. Although they contribute little to the battle-plan, they do add loads of character to a force that is meant to be a popular revolt for religious reform, and they're dirt cheap in game. I want to make some armed woman as well, but I'm not sure if it would be easier to sculpt women's clothing on armed male figures, or add weapons to the few unarmed women that I have; time and effort are likely to answer that question for me.

Still thirsty,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment