Monday, November 26, 2018

15mm Hussite Miniatures from Alternative Armies

A selection of minis from Alternative Armies Medus Range, this little group will see action on the tabletop as bidowers for Lion Rampant. I've painted them in colors and heraldry to tie them in with my Hussite forces. 

Mix of bows and spearmen that I
thought looked like good
javelin armed troops.

As a group I think they fit the angry
peasant role just right.

Most armored of the batch, would
definitely be good as a foot serjeant
or fierce foot even.

Fuzzy hatted archer looks like a
forester turned religious
reformer.

This one is the same sculpt as fur hat,
but I've sculpted him a bare head.

If painted right, this guy would make
a good retinue archer, as is I tried to
keep his clothes a little more drab.

Lighter than the other spear armed
mini, this guy makes an excellent
bidower but would look at home
in a war-wagon or as a foot yeoman.

I've got loads more of these that I'm working on, and despite my frequent bouts of hobby distraction my Hussite Wars project is definitely going to be a long term thing that I will continue to expand. Coming up I have a war-wagon, a houfnice, gaggles of Hussite troops, Catholic Cavalry in both noble and low-born formats, and even a few nifty "character" minis.

Still thirsty,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment