Friday, September 7, 2018

15mm Moravian Heavy Horseman

This mini is a bit odd. It's the result of putting a MiniFigs Moravian Heavy Lancer on a caparisoned horse from Alternative Armies Medus range. I'm not entirely sure why I chose to do it, I had an even number of riders and horses. The result seems to be a knight who perhaps couldn't afford a destrier but thought no one would notice if he dressed it the part.

He's a shiny boy.

The colors were loosely based on
the seal of Moravia.

I really like the sculpt of the rider.

I'm sure he'll see action charging
Hussite wagons.

I'm having fun painting heraldry and fancy garb, nice to be able to switch back and forth between peasants and nobles. This guy will have to get himself five friends before he's allowed to ride around the Lion Rampant battlefield, lucky for him I have more on the way. Not sure what variations I'll try with this color scheme, a fully checkered caparison could be fun.

Still thirsty,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment