Friday, September 7, 2018

MiniFigs 15mm Hussite Infantry

Recently finished some paint work on a few minis from Miniature Figurines, part of the Hussite MiniFigs range. I really liked these sculpts. Biggest drawback is a number of them are very distinct and come in packs of eight, I'll just have to use that as an excuse to sculpt some bits on the figures to make them look a little different. Maybe some weapon swaps.

Little over half strength unit of
expert foot yeomen.

The shield design is inspired by an
example found in an Osprey book.

I figure the flails is what makes
these men "expert".

Always fun to paint a beard on a
15mm mini.

When I was painting these I tried to stick with lots of natural or neutral tones for cotehardies, stockings and hoods, but as they are meant to be better than the serfs I did use plenty of red and pale green as a "uniform" of sorts. The armored swordsman in the front will be the basis for a number of conversions, while I love his floppy hood, mail hauberk, and German pavise shield; eight identical swordsmen may be a bit surreal. There are plenty more of these guys in the queue, some with more armor, some with crossbows and handgonnes.

Still thirsty,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment